REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Adjutant:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application.(Applications are available at the Post)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
(Click this link for a Membership Application)
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
4. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid.
(Click this link for a Member Data Form)
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - Present Day)
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our Post Adjutant or stop at the Post.